1. Paul Kane Scene in the Northwest $5,062,500
2. Lawren Harris The Old Stump $3,510,000
3. Lawren Harris Pine Tree and Red House, Winter $2,875,000
4. Lawren Harris Houses, St. Patrick St. $2,808,000
5. Lawren Harris Bylot Island $2,808,000
6. Tom Thomson Early Spring, Canoe Lake $2,749,000
7. Lawren Harris Baffin Island $2,427,500
8. Emily Carr Wind in the Tree Tops $2,164,500
9. Lawren Harris Nerke, Greenland $2,072,500
10. Tom Thomson Trees at Sunset $1,957,500
Please Click here
Fredericks-Artworks Blog, copying policy
The Canadian Copyright act, section 29 reports on fairdealing, that it is not an infringement to reproduce someone else's work for research, study, criticism, review or to report. Which pretty much sums up what this site is about. All content sources, be they artists, printed references, and website url's are respectfully identified on this site. http://http//www.canlii.org/en/ca/laws/stat/rsc-1985-c-c-42/latest/rsc-1985-c-c-42.html
A Portrait of the Visual Arts in Canada, is intended to celebrate the richness of Canada's visual arts, and to promote the arts in Canada.
Statement of Intent
I make every effort to credit the sources of information used in this blog and to obtain the permission and cooperation of all the works presented by living artists. I try, as much as possible to use works from public sources eg. national and provincial collections, of deceased artists. If for any reason, any artist disapproves of anything written about them or their work the artist is encouraged to request withdrawal of the content.