Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Rocks on the Trail

I had a challenging time in the past couple of weeks, with getting online. This is getting to be a familiar story for most of us from time to time. I won't bore you with details but it was frustrating, working back and forth between my equipment and my service provider and then setting up a new wireless router and getting used to Vista on a new laptop computer.
I think, it safe to say, that my artful career is seriously impeded by not being able to get online. I have become accustomed to writing this blog, and checking out favourite art websites. Suddenly, I found myself undergoing a cultural return to the good old days BC (before computers). I read more and possibly even painted a bit more - and might have even watched more television. (perish the thought). Strange when you think of it, that rocks on the trail have now taken on a new cultural dimension.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. having gone through the change to a laptop computer myself, jeepers, I know the feeling. It took me forever to get used to it.
    Glad you are blogging and happy to have found your blog (enjoy wc chat!). I love your style.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for posting your comments.
ATTENTION SPAMMERS: Comments with links to other websites, will not be accepted.

A message for anonymous posters: Comments will be accepted provided they are thoughtful and articulate.

Reciprocating comments between posters will not be accepted. Sorry - I have no intention of giving readers the opportunity to engage in flame wars. It won't happen.

Fredericks-Artworks Blog, copying policy


The Canadian Copyright act, section 29 reports on fairdealing, that it is not an infringement to reproduce someone else's work for research, study, criticism, review or to report. Which pretty much sums up what this site is about. All content sources, be they artists, printed references, and website url's are respectfully identified on this site. http://http//www.canlii.org/en/ca/laws/stat/rsc-1985-c-c-42/latest/rsc-1985-c-c-42.html

Mission Statement
A Portrait of the Visual Arts in Canada, is intended to celebrate the richness of Canada's visual arts, and to promote the arts in Canada.

Statement of Intent
I make every effort to credit the sources of information used in this blog and to obtain the permission and cooperation of all the works presented by living artists. I try, as much as possible to use works from public sources eg. national and provincial collections, of deceased artists. If for any reason, any artist disapproves of anything written about them or their work the artist is encouraged to request withdrawal of the content.