Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Passing Through by Janis Dyck

                                I smell the woodsmoke in the air
                                up with the smoke there goes my cares
                                Today I slipped and I fell down
                                Upon my knees
                                Upon the ground
                                It's beautiful to fall this way
                                To gaze up at the clouds at play
                                And when I get back on my feet
                                I'll follow where the wind takes me
                                Now the smoke curls up into the sky
                                And mingles with the birds up high
                                It smells of winters dark and long
                                And fires that blaze to fuel this song
                                So take me smoke wherever you go
                                It's from a true fire that you grow
                                And from this place I've fallen to
                                My fire now also burns so true. 
                                                                                       Janis Dyck

1 comment:

  1. I love her subject. Although it is very common, still she made it very special.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for posting your comments.
ATTENTION SPAMMERS: Comments with links to other websites, will not be accepted.

A message for anonymous posters: Comments will be accepted provided they are thoughtful and articulate.

Reciprocating comments between posters will not be accepted. Sorry - I have no intention of giving readers the opportunity to engage in flame wars. It won't happen.

Fredericks-Artworks Blog, copying policy


The Canadian Copyright act, section 29 reports on fairdealing, that it is not an infringement to reproduce someone else's work for research, study, criticism, review or to report. Which pretty much sums up what this site is about. All content sources, be they artists, printed references, and website url's are respectfully identified on this site. http://http//www.canlii.org/en/ca/laws/stat/rsc-1985-c-c-42/latest/rsc-1985-c-c-42.html

Mission Statement
A Portrait of the Visual Arts in Canada, is intended to celebrate the richness of Canada's visual arts, and to promote the arts in Canada.

Statement of Intent
I make every effort to credit the sources of information used in this blog and to obtain the permission and cooperation of all the works presented by living artists. I try, as much as possible to use works from public sources eg. national and provincial collections, of deceased artists. If for any reason, any artist disapproves of anything written about them or their work the artist is encouraged to request withdrawal of the content.